Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

I'm a poor man. I make 7.25 an hour and have to pay rent and bills.I have no car, so I have to walk to my job. Why won't cons raise the wage?

Since I have no car I can't get around the city. There are no taxis or buses in my town. So I always have to make sure I don't walk too far away from my apartment. The question is why? Why must it be like this? Do cons actually believe you can rent an apartment, pay your bills, food and then still buy a car for 7.25 an hour? It just doesnt adds up..

• Zirp

Because they believe that that money belongs to those "investors" that "took the risk" to "create your job"

You're also a troll. So, you have that going for you. 

No one is this stupid. Oh. Wait. You're earning $7.25 an hour. You might just be THAT stupid. Hey, your problem just got solved!

i doubt any employer pays that with trumps booming economy.........an abundance of better paying jobs, lowest unemployment in 50 yrs

I’m not sure that the democrat-controlled house has proposed a bill. They are too busy attacking the president.

• KaleyK

Minimum wage (federal $7.25) is an entry-level wage.  It's for unskilled labor.  It's a kid's wage.  Minimum wage is NOT a living wage.  If you're an adult trying to sustain yourself on minimum wage, then you have made some very bad decisions in your life.  That's on you, not "cons". 

Wait, you aren’t able to get a raise on your own merits? That’s pretty sad.