Is it good to undercoat a new car &what is best product?

If you don't live someplace with severe winter weather where salt is used on roads, it is a waste of money. Ziebart is the big one in this area. But you need to carefully read your new car warranty, because I know people that had their warranty voided by having their car undercoated/rustproofed by a 3rd party. The treatment material plugged the drain holes rainwater couldn't get out.

Yes, undercoating will prevent some rust, it works best when the car is new.

Cars come from the factory with undercoating. if you live where they salt roads, all the undercoating in the world wont stop rust.

There are products like Chassis Safer, POR 15 and others that provide a sealant/rust encapsulation option; there are steps to the process but these type of products can even work with surface rust present. If you have severe rust you want to de-scale and repair if needed then apply a sealant/encapsulation system.

There are also spray-on and paint on "rubberized" coating that can work to protect things but often they can hide rust issues if they aren't applied properly or maintained over time. 

Obviously, if someone were to apply a coating/sealant system they need to mask off areas and follow recommended application methods. I'm using a POR/Chassis Saver type product on the 55 Ford F 100 project frame I'm working with and while I'm not quite ready to apply I've done research enough to know I'd rather use that system than a primer/topcoat because the stuff is tough enough to last a good while. 

I don't believe so. Newer cars are protected against rust. Coal tar bitumen stinks when it gets hot, like near catalytic converters.

Most modern cars made after 2006 have been made using galvanized steel, greatly reducing the risk of rusting. Galvanized steel has a coating of zinc on it, as zinc doesn’t react to oxygen in the same way as iron, allowing for the increased protection. Even the cars body is galvanized, so it’s pretty well protected against rusting. Fortunately, things like washing your car regularly, especially in inclement weather, can help reduce all sorts of corrosion. Automated car washes clean underneath cars, relieving it of dirt and debris. Overall, it’s a good idea to skip on the aftermarket rustproofing. More than likely, the treatment won't offer any extra protection. Even third-party rustproofing is a waste for the same reason. The tactics manufacturers use to combat this type of corrosion is all you will need to protect your precious new vehicle and will even extend into the life of a well cared for used car.

• Vicki

It's good to undercoat a car every year before winter.

That's what my family mechanic told me.

But as for best product can't help you there.

• Trump 2020
      3 weeks agoReport

Undercoating doesn't come off or need to be replaced. if u keep applying it    ,  it builds up and up and adds weight to the car. One application is plenty.

• Sandy

If you live somewhere where you have winters, then it's a good idea. if you buy the car new, the dealer offers to do it for you--for a price of course. But some company that does rust protection can do it. that's what undercoating does, protects the underneath from rusting. the salt on the winter roads is hard on the undercarriage.