albi asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 weeks ago

Why have comments been removed from yahoo?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

must have been flagged by someone, and their were enough grounds for removal.

• 3 weeks ago

Anyone can continue adding comments, maybe you refer to some comments that have been reported and that is why they disappear.

• Grinch
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Comments in Yahoo Answers?  You still can.

They've changed the format a bit, but the option to comment is still there.  It's to the left of the thumbs-up icon below a user's answer.  It no longer says 'Comment', (if it did before, I can't remember), it's now a graphic with a bubble and 2 horizontal lines.

If you meant Yahoo News, the option is also still there.  It's below the article and titled 'Share your reaction' -- you'll see a text box into which you can type and send your comment.  It may or may not post, and I have no idea why some comments appear and others do not.  Sometimes the comments 'ghost' (they appear, then they don't) and other times they never appear at all, not on the article and not in your history.  

• 3 weeks ago

people  still comment under my answers all the time.......

mostly stalker idiots. 

• Grinch
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Weasel, thanks!  Sorry to use your answer as a test for the option, just wanted to make sure it still worked before I answered the question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Seems like none of these clowns have no idea what you're talking about, I'm assuming you're talking about the comments section? 

If so, they have not removed it. It's over to the left hand side, just below the answer beside the thumbs up/down.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Comments can be Removed from Yahoo if they get Reported Due to a Violation of the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Assuming you mean Yahoo news articles, the most likely reason is due to people posting inappropriate comments about the article or about someone else's comment. Unless Yahoo has posted somewhere, all anyone can do is guess.

Comments on answers are still allowed here on Yahoo Answers. Move your question to Yahoo Products>Other-Yahoo Products as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory. You can move your question by clicking Edit>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.