shan asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

My cat swallowed some plastic, HELP? ?

My cat has just swallowed about 2 inches worth of plastic wrapping from a dreamies (treats) packet, is he in danger?? Or will it pass through? He’s just recovered from surgery to remove a large gem from his stomach so don’t need another vet bill :( 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    Do not give your cat any food except water and monitor his litter box.

    There are stool softeners on the market, but I haven't tried those. I know foods like raw egg yolk, a tiny amount of aloe Vera, pumpkin... will speed up digestion and may push things a bit quicker.

    Good luck, please keeps hazards away, and take your cat to the vet if you see no stool withing 24 hours since the accidental ingestion. 

  • Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    since when is plastic toxic?

    if you are concerned, take him to a vet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.