Can I sue McDonalds if their Cashier (Wrongly) assumed my Gender?

In spite of my Gender Identity the cashier referred to me as a “Sir”even though I identify as “Ma’am” 

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Greg
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Of course you can sue. Pay a lawyer. You won't win any money.

• 2 weeks ago

Correct gender identification of customers by employees is not yet a legal requirement for retail businesses.  It may be in Canada but not in the USA. 

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

so, does that prevent the customer from suing them?  No, it does not.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Do you as well respond to dumbasss?  

• Athena
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

No as there is no financial consequence to her/his error. You can only sue for specific damages not because you are lazy and want the state to pay your bills.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

And what financial loss have you suffered that you want to claim for?  Learn what suing IS before you ask any more daft questions.

• Anon2 weeks agoReport

(I'm not arguing, just genuinely curious) what if a hospital operates on the wrong leg? You don't lose financially (NHS in the UK), yet people still claim. Or am I completely confused with something else? 

• 3 weeks ago

You can sue McDonalds, but you're gonna lose badly

• John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Some people are extremely irresponsible when they look/dress so nobody can tell what sex they are. They should either fix that or tattoo on their forehead what sex they are.

• 3 weeks ago

No. They’re told to call everyone sir.  It’s like Star Trek. Notice how they address Captain Janeway as sir. 

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Yes, I always take my etiquette and legal advice from a 1960s sci-fi TV show dialogue.

• 3 weeks ago

Sorry sir, you cannot.  Well, not successfully.

• 3 weeks ago

You are allowed to sue whomever you want for whatever reason.  Doesn't mean you will win, or won't get sued back to reimburse the company for filing a fivilous lawsuit.

• 3 weeks ago

Sure, you will win a dollar.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

More likely THEY will win "a dollar" or whatever it costs them in legal fees to defend such a frivolous lawsuit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.