Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 months ago

Can I sue McDonalds if their Cashier (Wrongly) assumed my Gender?

In spite of my Gender Identity the cashier referred to me as a “Sir”even though I identify as “Ma’am” 

• Greg
    Favorite Answer

Of course you can sue. Pay a lawyer. You won't win any money.

Correct gender identification of customers by employees is not yet a legal requirement for retail businesses.  It may be in Canada but not in the USA. 

Do you as well respond to dumbasss?  

What losses did you suffer to sue for?

• Athena

No as there is no financial consequence to her/his error. You can only sue for specific damages not because you are lazy and want the state to pay your bills.

• Clive

And what financial loss have you suffered that you want to claim for?  Learn what suing IS before you ask any more daft questions.

• John

Some people are extremely irresponsible when they look/dress so nobody can tell what sex they are. They should either fix that or tattoo on their forehead what sex they are.

No. They’re told to call everyone sir.  It’s like Star Trek. Notice how they address Captain Janeway as sir. 

Sorry sir, you cannot.  Well, not successfully.

You are allowed to sue whomever you want for whatever reason.  Doesn't mean you will win, or won't get sued back to reimburse the company for filing a fivilous lawsuit.

Sure, you will win a dollar.