Can I sue McDonalds if their Cashier (Wrongly) assumed my Gender?

In spite of my Gender Identity the cashier referred to me as a “Sir”even though I identify as “Ma’am” 

• Greg
    Best Answer

Of course you can sue. Pay a lawyer. You won't win any money.

Correct gender identification of customers by employees is not yet a legal requirement for retail businesses.  It may be in Canada but not in the USA. 

• Nuff Sed
      2 weeks agoReport

so, does that prevent the customer from suing them?  No, it does not.

Do you as well respond to dumbasss?  

• Athena

No as there is no financial consequence to her/his error. You can only sue for specific damages not because you are lazy and want the state to pay your bills.

• Clive

And what financial loss have you suffered that you want to claim for?  Learn what suing IS before you ask any more daft questions.

• Anon2 weeks agoReport

(I'm not arguing, just genuinely curious) what if a hospital operates on the wrong leg? You don't lose financially (NHS in the UK), yet people still claim. Or am I completely confused with something else? 

You can sue McDonalds, but you're gonna lose badly

• John

Some people are extremely irresponsible when they look/dress so nobody can tell what sex they are. They should either fix that or tattoo on their forehead what sex they are.

No. They’re told to call everyone sir.  It’s like Star Trek. Notice how they address Captain Janeway as sir. 

• Nuff Sed
      2 weeks agoReport

Yes, I always take my etiquette and legal advice from a 1960s sci-fi TV show dialogue.

Sorry sir, you cannot.  Well, not successfully.

You are allowed to sue whomever you want for whatever reason.  Doesn't mean you will win, or won't get sued back to reimburse the company for filing a fivilous lawsuit.

Sure, you will win a dollar.

• Nuff Sed
      2 weeks agoReport

More likely THEY will win "a dollar" or whatever it costs them in legal fees to defend such a frivolous lawsuit.