Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 3 weeks ago

Will I be approved for a $6,000 loan?

I’m 23 years old and don’t have credit. I’ve worked at Walmart for 4 months, but I’m not currently working BECUASE I’m going to be using every cent of this loan money towards school. And I know they wouldn’t give me one if I just went in by myself, but my dad is going to consign. Will that make me be approved? Please, I really need this money for school.

For a student loan, sure.

Your dad may be approved, but I dont understand how quiting work is a benefit at all here...

If this a Federal Student loan you should not have a problem as you can apply for deferment of payment until you graduate.

It depends on your dads credit, income and other obligations.

It'd be a bad idea even if you could.

23 with no income and no credit is not going to get you a personal loan.

You said nothing about your dad's income, assets, debt or credit score so we have no clue whether the bank would be willing to accept him as a cosigner.

If your dad had 6k to pay back your loan, why wouldn't he just loan you the money himself?