firefly1984 asked in PetsCats · 2 weeks ago

would you keep kittens shelter name or change it?

I am due to get tabby tortoiseshell mix kitten, the shelter called it jigglypuff which i think is funny, but i cant really see myself shouting that out the door when its dinner time, or at the vets, "can jigglypuff please come through"

what do you reckon? re name or keep?

I also like Mouse or Mango or Nutmeg. what say you?

its only 8 weeks old so wont know jigglypuff is it name yet. 

• PR
    Best Answer

A kitten of 8 weeks, will not know its name. Even if it kind of began to learn it - not very well - it won't care if you change it. Of course, Puff or Fluffy would still be cute names. But, if you don't like those, then just choose a name you like and kitty will be happy, too.

You're fine to change it if you want and you're also fine to change it if the animal is older. They're not dumb and will learn and there's also no guarantee anyway that the names of older animals are even what they came in with. 9 times outta 10 they're all new names and not their original one.

I've always renamed my cats--and Jigglypuff is ridiculous--poor cat!

• Well, it might be embarrassed in front of it's friends, but I do think it's funny. 

i don't play pokemon stuff.

jake and sparky are good names, but so are buttons, toki, mia, jake, flash, and sparky.

• Vicki

Keep it. It's not really good to change an animals established name. So I would keep it. Trust me when I say my bf is working in animal care and that's not the worse. Most people just lie about the name to the vet.

• i should add its only 8 weeks old, so it wont respond to its name yet