Darcie
Darcie asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

How can I overcome this?

Hello 👋,

I have Autism and anxiety. I also may have OCD and binge eating disorder (my mum swears I have OCD, but I don’t think 🤔 I’ve been formally diagnosed. I also have been thinking about binge eating disorder and have done a test online, the results came that I likely do have binge eating disorder).

Anyhow, the start of my woes with overeating was when I was put on Olanzapine for anxiety in about 2013/2014. Fast forward to about 2017 and I was put on Pregablin. It was gotten worse and worse. 

It is also very much a psychological thing. I have gotten into the habit of “pigging out” on chocolates, etc. in the evenings. I will eat excessively. I will also eat cake and chocolate during the day. It is very much something I love and am strongly attached to for enjoyment. I have strong desires for these sweets.

I want so, so, so, so, so badly (some times more than others) to look after myself as well as I can. I make vows to the Buddha (I like to consider myself a Buddhist) to always look after myself as well as I can, but I always break them.

Should I also mention that I’m vegan (with cheats!)?

No hate or abuse, please.

If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all...

Thank you 😊.

•  i advise you to change your psychiatrist.

• Mark

Short answer: look up the Wim Hof Method. Watch the 3 free vids and start to put the breathing techniques into practice. Secondly, you deserve more love, not less. To help with that, watch Matt Kahn on YT. Those two things will help you find freedom.