How is sin a terminal disease?

ITS NOT, ONLY UNCONFESSED SINS ARE TERMINAL 

By Gods own decree

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.

cause you can pay for that sin forever

Romans 6:23 serves that premise.

• Justin

14"But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. 16Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren." (James 1:14-16).

We can actually interrupt the process and typically do on all levels except the most superficial where... 

21"I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7:21-25).

That is actually the cause of physical death itself and the same process of transformation that takes place in the heart, the soul and the mind will ultimately reverse death's processes in the body too during a physical resurrection, only most will not see this during their lifespan. However, it is not impossible, just unlikely:

10"...that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as are mature, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you." (Philippians 3:10-15). 

• Davros

As I've always understood it in a Christian context, sin is kind of like the corruption in the data. The world contains sin as it is imperfect thanks to the fall. Over time the amount of sin accrues causing more corruption until it overwhelms the whole system. That goes for bodies as well as the world itself.

I suppose in a spiritual sense it is analogous to the laws of thermodynamics - entropy always increases and the centre cannot hold.

Because doctors decided it was. Back in 1968.

• It's not, cupcake. Sin is a made up word to define behaviour that Christians aren't supposed to do because it will lead them to the truth that Christianity is a lie.

Being alive is a terminal disease, too. Even if you don't "sin" one bit... Might as well have fun, and just be human, for as long as it lasts. :)

PS: the whole notion of "sin" is just a stupid, oppressive, mostly arbitrary religious construct, made to control people.

• Davros
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes, its certainly no "lake of fire".

• The wages of sin is enteral death after a VERY humbling visit with Jesus you get chucked into the lake of dire and die the second death

IF you reject His Gift

• tentofield
      4 weeks agoReport

Sins are offences against gods. As there is no evidence for any of the many thousands of gods, you cannot offend gods. We have morals, ethics and laws without gods or despite gods but not sins. Sin is not only not a disease, it doesn't exist.