Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

How many hours does your dog sleep at night?

My small dog sleeps about 9-10 hours at night but I wonder whether the amount of hours depends upon the size of the dog. (I am not referring to senior dogs who may sleep more.)

Our dog doesn't sleep through the night. She'll go to sleep, wake up and move to another location and go back to sleep.

I don't know. I'm usually asleep too. I'd guess 24/7 weeks a day.

• Josiah2 weeks agoReport

It's just because he's dead... I hate you...

Most dogs sleep for as long as their owners are sleeping!   I say most because one of mine, and both go to bed at around 10.30pm, wants up around an hour before I want to be up.............  can't stop him carrying on at around 6 am.

I'd assume the same amount as I do at night. Generally anywhere between 6 to 8 hours. If my dog at any point wakes up between then, I'm obviously not going to know about it but she's not making much of a fuss if it doesn't wake me.

Well it really depends on what we are doing and the time of the year Currently, they dose and only one at a time when we have stopped for the night and only sleep deeply at our stopping / grassing  points in the day for my Ewes.

So  in all, we get around 6 maybe 7 hours a day down time currently.

Though at lambing times. often, we do not sleep for several days and nights at a time.

My dogs are working Sheepdogs im a Shepherd

I allow my basset hound puppy to sleep 2 hours a night

• Amber

I work from home and I work night's so my dog tends to sleep through the day and it up at night with me. But she's sixteen and poorly at the moment so sleeping more than usually with a high temp. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

8-10 hours, roughly. He goes to bed when my husband goes to bed and he mostly tries to sleep through the night, but he's a puppy. He will wiggle, maybe needs to be let out to pee, and sometimes, he's just not a happy boy (losing and growing all the teeth at the moment). My husband wakes up at 4am, lets the dog out, then he sleeps with me for another 2 hours or so until I get up. 

• .

My dog's sleep matches my own: from around 9:30 PM to 5AM.  But he occasionally wakes up, scratches at my door, and wants to be let out to pee.  He's a GSD born Oct. 1 2008.

• Greg

I do not sit up all night timing my dog's sleep.