Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 weeks ago

New neighbour refusing to follow local cat keeping laws by not keeping them contained on their property ?

One of these days there's going to be one very unlucky cat getting a very unlucky experience with my dogs because they won't STAY OFF MY PROPERTY AND OUT OF MY FENCED YARD. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Hey, if you can't keep a pet octopus in its tank, how can you expect to keep a cat on your property. The have no clue what boundary lines are.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Remind them of keeping the cats on their property before something bad happens to the cat.  YOU are not responsible if your dogs hurt or kill the cat IF your dogs are not off your property.

• 2 weeks ago

Let your dogs kill them. If the cats enter your fenced yard and the dogs kill them, oh well. Legally they can do nothing to you at all

• 2 weeks ago

so there is no actual question--just a mention that cats might die in your yard....sounds pretty much like a troll, trying to get the cat people all riled up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

why bother the cats. that is a dog's job. 

let them do their own business.

the cats won't come into a yard when the dogs make such a fuss. 

why be angry?

let the cats run free. life is short enough as is.

• 2 weeks ago

Set live traps on your property and haul the cats off to the shelter then.  Owners can pay to retrieve their cats.

If your dogs end up killing or injuring a cat because it came into YOUR yard, then your neighbor is at fault.

• 2 weeks ago

I would buy a big cat to swallow your dogs.  Maybe a Jaguar.  

• Chae-won
      Lv 4
      2 weeks agoReport

I would get a couple of those big cats and see the carnage.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g4SUomZaPI

• 2 weeks ago

This isn't a question it's a RANT and I'm betting you're a TROLL since you cowardly posted this anonymously.

If this is really happening and animal control laws state cats come into other's yards then trap the cats and take them to a local no-kill shelter.

If you know who owns the cats print out from online where it shows the laws and tape it to their door. If the cats are approachable you can take a strip of paper and NICELY write "Please keep your cats indoors.  They are killing birds in my yard (or whatever your reason is for being so pissed at them.)"  If they still let them out, trap and take to the shelter.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Notify animal control about it or see if your local council offers a cat trap hiring service. You can also buy your own HUMANE cat trap and set it up on your property properly. Using fishy cat food as a lure is generally a popular choice. 

DON'T  set the trap up when rain is expected or it's going over 27 degrees Celsius. DON'T place trap in direct sunlight. DON'T  let your dogs out where the traps are set up. DON'T set up a trap if you or someone else cant be home when it is set up. DO MAKE SURE to CHECK the  trap regularly. DO MAKE SURE to check it before going to bed and after waking up. CHANGE THE FOOD to something fresh once a day. DO NOT TAKE YOUR TIME when a cat is caught and surrender it to animal control or a shelter ASAP.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Or, you could spray the cats with something very stinky. Emulsified fish (basically, plant food) won't hurt them. Your neighbors would probably not let them back outside after a few treatments.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.