elisa asked in PetsFish · 3 weeks ago

Will aquarium PH naturally rise or fall?

I have a 29 gallon tank with a single snail. It is currently fluctuating a little high, like 8-8.5 PH, I am trying to bring it down to like 7 with water changes and peat moss/almond leaves for a betta I want to get soon.

I was just curious if I left the tank completely alone how it is now, no water changes or anything for a few weeks, would to Ph increase or decrease?

Best Answer

A betta fish can adapt to almost any ph.  

What is the ph of the tap water or sorce water/ watever water you use in the tank.?

Once the tank is cycled, the ph should not change unless you add things to change it.  

Because you added things to change it, and possibly because your tank is not cycled, you have unstable ph, which is unhealthy for even hardy bettas.  

I dont know were or when your Ph will settle whith the added things.

But I can tell you that there is no point in changing your ph for a betta. 

• elisa2 weeks agoReport

I have had my tank with a goldfish for 4 years. The goldfish passed away a few weeks ago. I stopped water changes for 2 or 3 weeks but have started again. The tank should be cycled after 4 years. The nitrites are 0, and the tap water I use has a PH of 7-8. 

it will rise i think