Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

Will I get fired or written up?

For the past three weeks, someone has been stealing my lunch at work. I asked one of my co-workers if they knew who did it and they told me they saw Steve taking it out of the fridge. Steve is the new guy who has been here for two months. Me and Steve occasionally converse, but it's small talk like, "Hey, what's up," "How's your day going." 

So I decide to investigate the accusation to see if there is any truth to it. The past three days, I've personally witnessed Steve stealing my lunch, but didn't say anything. Today, he stole my lunch once more and after returning to his seat, I confront him about how his day went and then told him about how someone's been stealing my lunch the previous month and just today, I slipped laxatives in the food. Steve didn't break character, but I could see he was nervous. I didn't actually slip laxatives in the food, I just wanted to make him feel that slight edge of panic so he would know that stealing is wrong!

Will I get written up or anything?

• Fred

The Virgin Mary is Our Lady of Good Counsel. It is good to honor her daily by reciting her rosary each day with care and sincerity. She can advise one with any problem in life.

Why would you get written up? He is a thief. The same happened to me. A guy who brought his own lunch would sneak into the break room and eat my lunch. At lunchtime he would eat his lunch.

When I caught him he just laughed at me. I told everyone but him I put exlax in my food. Co-workers told him about the exlax and he never ate my lunch again.

He tried to play the Black card and said I didn't want him to eat lunch because he was black!!

It was my lunch. It had nothing to do with whether he was black, green or purple.

• poldi2

No, you won't get written up - what has this to do with Religion...?

You can put anything in YOUR lunch that you want.

If you want an Ex-Lax sammich, that's your business.

However, had you really put it in your lunch knowing full well that it was going to get stolen, one could argue that you were deliberately trying to "poison" (for lack of a better word) somebody.

Then you made the mistake of revealing your plan to your intended target.

This shows Malice Aforethought. In other words, it demonstrates you meant to do harm.

But I digress, since you didn't actually do it, there is no harm or foul on your part.

Next time, whether you do it or not... don't ever reveal your "plan" to anyone.

Then you can always say that the laxative was there FOR YOU, it's not your fault that your co-worker is a thief.

If it was me, I would have just told the dude that I know it is him stealing my lunch and if he doesn't stop I'd have to tell the boss about it. What's more, if he would have just asked for something to eat... I would have shared my lunch with him, at least for a time... until he got on his feet.

No that's fine. You can also sprinkle black light powder on your food container and scan him and bust him.

Nah, I would've done the same Sophie. I like you Sophie, you're cruel just like me. I kinda hope you don't commit suicide in a way. I might even let you ride my dikc. I'm just really horrney now so maybe I'm letting it go to my head. I think you look cute in glasses though

Written up for what? Is he going to admit he stole your food?

I would have put hot peppers in the food.

• Brian

Make it up to him by getting him a bag of Haribo sugar free gummy bears.

Is acting like a child an offense where you work?  If so, yes, you will get written up.

yes you will i ynk