How do I break this cycle?

I work in a factory, my job includes watching a machine for I hrs a day and occasionally putting parts in boxes. I am an extremely quick study and six months in I had pulled the machine diagrams, became a top performer, ect. I've asked to cross train, move jobs, learn machine set up, be part of leadership teams, join toastmasters, ect. I keep getting told no. I've went to my group leader, supervisor, manager, he department and nothing. I work completely alone and can't walk away from my machine due to it constantly running. Now I'm starting to ruin entire orders, produce low numbers, bypass safety features due to forgetfulness, ect. During the day I'm thinking about physics, politics, quantum mechanics, development of soft skills, market trends, ect. I just can't focus on my job, and it's making me irritable, depressed, putting me in a low energy state, ect. I've applied to other jobs but haven't got an offer yet and I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job before that happens. I have ADHD and even taking my adderall isnt helping me focus on this mundane, pointless job.

In response to what I'd like, advice on how to cure extreme boredom while I look for other opportunities. I've looked online, and turning work into game, socializing, etc. Isn't possible. So I am looking for other ideas

Mickey D's is always hiring.

What would you like us to do about it?

Quit or don't. Pick one.

The abbreviation of etcetera is etc not ect.

Toastmasters will allow anyone to join; your employer does not need to give you permission.  Although, some employers encourage their employees to participate and will pay any associated fees. 

It seems like your employer was accurate in not allowing you to move up in the organization yet.  You have only been there six months and you have already decided to be lazy and careless.

How do you break this cycle?  For starters, stop giving yourself an excuse for the behavior "oh it's ok. it's part of being adhd".

• Michael4 weeks agoReport

1) I'm not saying adhd Is the problem, I used it to explain the taking of adderall 
      2) not trying to move up, was asking to learn
      3) not being lazy, I keep falling into complacency 
      4) yep that's all my bad didnt realize I the ect