How to find out what my grandmother left me when she passed away?

My grandmother passed away 4 years ago.

I have recently found out that my mom has, in her posession, bonds that my grandmother left me and has not told me about them.

This leads me to wonder what else she is hiding from me.

Favorite Answer

How do you know that your grandmother left the bonds to you? Is it because somebody told you?  Or because you saw something written & signed by your grandmother? If your grandmother had a will, and it was probated, then the will is public record. If the will was not probated, then you / might / have a reason for a court case.

• Morningfox
      2 weeks agoReport

Maybe then, your name on them overrides anything in her will. You are going to have to ask (1) your mother, or (2) the company that issued the bonds.

• Judith

If your grandmother left a will you can see it at probate court.  If she didn't leave a will then your mother and any of your mother's siblings get everything.  Doesn't matter what your grandmother told you if she didn't put it in a will.

Your ability to ask is PROOF you have NOT found out SQUAT.

Until you see the will, assuming there is one, you only THINK you know squat.

If the Will was probated, go to Probate Court and ask to see the Will.  Ask to see the documents that appoint her a trustee or guardian over you.

If the Will was NOT probated, do you know who the attorney who assisted your mother was?A LOT of this depends on your age.  WHERE is usually important, but it is not important in this instance.  All States are somewhat the same.

• STEVEN F
      3 weeks agoReport

BEING Darren's mother makes her his guardian. His BIRTH CERTIFICATE is the only document addressing that issue.

• Rick

Do you know who was in charge of her estate ??

• .

Why not ask your mom?

• Darren3 weeks agoReport

She steals my belongings and then tells me she thought it was hers