Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

Why has my friend been in bed for 2-3 days and only eats 1 fruit bar every day?

She said she’s not sick so what’s wrong with her?? She said that she’s just lazy..is that laziness? She just graduated college a few weeks ago, got a 4.0, is really talented and smart, but use what’s wrong with her..she doesn’t want to go out or work etc..just sleeping and not eating..her bird did die recently and she has been having family issues but I think maybe this is just laziness right? What can I do to help her?

Best Answer

Sounds like depression, with maybe some burnout. My definition of laziness is if you have energy and don't use it. Depression zaps you of energy, coupled with her not eating, she has no energy, so no, I doubt it's as simple as laziness. If she lives at home, her parent/s need to feed her nutritious food. See if you can talk to them, say you are concerned.

Is she hot and will you date her

She may need some kind of mood stablizer.  I take Quetiapine (Seroquel) and it does help,

This sounds like clinical depression to me.

A LOT OF CHANGES HAVE HAPPENED IN HER LIFE RECENTLY....and maybe she is overwhelmed.

She needs to see her own medical doctor about this problem.

• denise

She could have 'clinical depression', Try to get her to see a doctor / counsellor.

It seems to be signs of depression or drug withdrawal, this isn't normal behaviour, you should really check on her