Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 8 months ago

Tula or Wolf?

On the level of cheap 7.62x39, what's better?

Favorite Answer

Both are fine. Tula actually makes their own ammo, Wolf is a distributer that buys commie ammo from several manufacturers and sells it under their own Wolf brand label.

Never had a problem with either, however my subjective opinion is that Tula is dirtier.  I get Wolf or Bear typically.

• JOHN B

I have always had good performance from Wolf. Tula, in 223, has been tested and found to be inferior to Wolf in all categories. For that reason I do not use Tula.

I realize hundreds of people maybe thousands  shoot steel cartridges but I don't. I have been told 

they are fine but I just don't want to shoot them. Just me. 

• Gage8 months agoReport

Personally I only used steel case ammo for my AK, but never use steel case for any of my other firearms. I figure the AK doesn't mind it, and it's nice and cheap. But for all my other guns it's brass cased only.

• L.N.

Tula makes Wolf cartridges. Wolf sells ammo, they don't make it.

• Pain Killer8 months agoReport

Yup, a few years ago Tula and Wolf had legal problems and Tula quit supplying them with ammo, Wolf now uses eastern European suppliers and to a lesser extent Barnaul. Wolf Gold used to be PPU, now it's made in Taiwan of all places.