my online best friend only texts me if he needs me to send him the homework pages or to vent his own problems. Should I cut him out? ?

thats up to you if you want to cut him out

• Laurie

No. It is not a sign of strength, honesty, or maturity to “cut someone out”. THAT is a sign of immaturity, dishonesty, and cowardice.

Instead, take a step toward your own maturity and personal growth by learning to say “NO” without anger or hatred.

The next time he contacts you only to use you, respectfully decline to assist him, and be truthful and direct: “No, I don’t want to do that.”

If he asks, tell him why: “I feel like you are not really interested in me, because it seems as if you contact me only when you want something, or when you want to vent. Frankly, I don’t like being used, and I get tired of listening to your complaints when you never ask about me. I think we would do better with some distance between us. I have to go now.” Then, HANG UP.

i would , he sounds selfish

just stop responding. you are being used.