Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

Christians: Is Polar Express a good movie for teaching kids about the value of faith?

I don't think so. I have nothing against it, but I was able to teach my children faith without it.

• No!

Faith comes from hearing the word of God, and through prayers to Him REVOLUTE!

It's just a good holiday movie.

Yes. It teaches to keep believing when everything says not to. Which will be rewarded. It also teaches to be yourself. The value of friendship. The value of hope. Honesty, charity toward all. Hope. Very liberal Jesus values. Some might find off-putting. 

if it has Tom Hanks as one of the producers or writers, i would say NO. it would be more of secular script. i haven't seen it yet.

• Duck

I'm not sure. It's definitely a good movie for teaching the value of good animation ... it hasn't aged well.

I never saw it.  Instead of using some secular Hollywood (read: filth) movie, how about teaching the Bible to children?  Start in the book of John, and teach a chapter per meeting.  The Bible is where faith comes from (Romans 10:17).

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Chaillot
      2 weeks agoReport

The Bible. Is full of sex, cannibalism, war, death, massacres. Blood sacrifices. The crucifixion. Is not fit for stories to children.