Atheists, if the Universe made you, who made the Universe?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Git
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

... and if god created the universe then who created god?

• Shadow
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

My parents made me and not the universe. That’s a stupid thing to ask.

• 3 weeks ago

Natural processes don't require a maker.

• 3 weeks ago

My disbelief in your god does not automatically make me an astrophysicist. Please grow up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

If god made you, who made god?

If god doesn't require a maker, why does the universe?

• the first atheist ?

• 3 weeks ago

My parents made me and had a lot of fun doing it. Why does someone need to have "made" the universe? If the universe needs a creator, why doesn't your god? If your god doesn't need a creator, why does the universe?

I do not know how or why the universe we know began  when it did. The best evidence is that it happened about 13.8 billion years ago and we know how it developed from a minute fraction of a second (called Planck Time) after the Big Bang but we do not know what happened before Planck Time.

Saying "I don't know" does not mean "Goddidit" it means "I don't know".

• 3 weeks ago

the universe didn't make. I'm just matter that's been reassembled because evolution favours good self-replicators

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It is an enigma. I doubt Christians or atheists will ever know the real true scientific answer. 

• 3 weeks ago

I don't know.

Atheism doesn't claim to know, nor does it try to explain how the universe came to be.

Atheism just claims you can not demonstrate in a reliably testable way it was a "who", so there is no reason to assume it was.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.