Why do some Christians blv Paul's thorn in his side was a physical illness when he was worried people thought he was exalting himself?

FOR RECEIVING AN "ABUNDANCE OF REVELATIONS" (II CORINTHIANS 12:7)?

PAUL SAID IN II CORINTHIANS 13:3 

"SINCE YE SEEK A PROOF OF CHRIST SPEAKING IN ME..."

HE TOLD THEM YOU NEED TO

"EXAMINE YOURSELVES, WHETHER YE BE IN THE FAITH,

>>>(((PROVE))) YOUR ***OWNSELVES***

(II CORINTHIANS 13:5)

Because Paul prayed three times for it to be removed from him until the Lord told him, "My grace is sufficient for thee." He said he wasn't sure what to pray for. To live was Christ (bringing more souls to him), and to die was gain (to be freed from pain).

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

"He said he wasn't sure what to pray for?"

Why do you make up shYt?   Is that what that 'church' does?

Paul said "For this thing I besought the Lord thrice..."  

Why did he besought the Lord thrice for something he didn't know?  

>>IF<< you read and study scripture, then you will KNOW what Pauls "thorn in the flesh" referred to."

2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

The Greek word translated as "thorn" actually means "splinter" of wood. 

skolops

see

Outline of Biblical Usage

a pointed piece of wood, a pale, a stake, a sharp stake, splinter

Paul was BEATEN THREE TIMES WITH WOODEN RODS. HE MAY GOTTEN A SPLINTER AT SOME POINT AND PRAYED THAT GOD WOULD REMOVE IT. SO PAULS "THORN IN HE FLESH" ACTUALLY REFERRED TO HIS THREE BEATINGS. 

2Co 11:25 >>>Thrice was I beaten with rods,<<< once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep. 

.2Co 12:8 >>>For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me<<<.

THOSE WHO BEAT HIM WERE "MESSENGERS OF SATAN"

"there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, >>>the messenger of Satan to buffet me,<<< lest I should be exalted above measure." 

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

Why would you go to GREEK when it has nothing to do with WHAT IS WRITTEN (Prov 3:5)?

• The Bible does not state what Paul's thorn in flesh was so why speculate. The point is, God told Paul that his undeserved kindness was enough for him.

I have several thorns in my side.

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

"But when they opposed and insulted him, Paul shook the dust from his clothes and said, “Your blood is upon your own heads—I am innocent. From now on I will go preach to the Gentiles.” (Acts 18:6)

Oh for sure POOR Paul . God used him and then it seemed obvious to 

all natural men he was self appointing himself as a high apostle god was supposedly using to get the message out that Jesus did not have time to convey before his untimely death god planned in advance .

Paul filling in the gaps Jesus left is also known as the God Of the Gaps .

Immediately once Jesus supposedly died science became an issue 

in the story line and many details were supposedly left out by Jesus 

so here comes Paul to fill in those Gaps with proclamations without evidence .

First up - Hebrews 11/1  with all of gods' invisible attributes with gods' invisible signature on all of creation .

Look Mom - No More Gaps 

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

At least he's not the god of the claps.

• BJ

Paul’s “thorn in the flesh” 2Co 12:7 may have been an affliction of his eyes or another part of his body (see Ac 23:1-5; Ga 4:15; 6:11)

or perhaps the false apostles and other disturbers who challenged Paul’s apostleship and work.

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

Don't you hear the apostle talking about how the people thought he was "GLORYING" in II Cor 12:6 and "...lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be" (v6)?

Fun fact:

There are thousands of  NAMES of Gods and Goddesses in which millions of people have Sincerely Believed.

But there has never been testable, repeatable, consistent evidence of the existence of ANY of them.

And when somebody says

"a GOD told ME to tell YOU to do as I say!",....

how does anyone know it's an abundance of revelations, and not just some bloke trying to peddle HIS opinions AS IF they were revelations from a God or Goddess??

By the way:

GOD told ME to tell EVERYBODY to give me THUMBS UP and tell YOU to give me Best Answer!

Nobody "blvs"  dear.

edit:  Work on your English.

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

EDIT:

WORK ON

"...demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Cor 2:4)