Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 weeks ago

can doxycycline make u go blind?

gettin this for my acne soon , so i wanted to know 

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facwcacecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice coldca water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

An increase in IODINE (Seafood, milk, Lugols) is often beneficial.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

NO.  If that were the case, it would not be available.  Only a first trimester pregnancy could cause a problem for the baby.

I don't know that stuff I took for 3 months one week after I stopped I had very bad withdrewal symptoms like stabbing gut pain and horrible diarrhea for 5 days just stop the crap now and use honey face masks iv even heard 60 minutes that that crap can't kill 

There are reports on the internet that that antibiotic can affect your vision. I would read up on it on the internet. I'm not a doctor so I can't say one way or the other it's up to you to do the research and decide if you want to take an antibiotic that might be dangerous

• KatieC

No..but it’s used to treat syphilis which can lead to blindness.

I looked it up.  Possible side effects of doxycycline:

loss of appetite.

nausea and vomiting.

diarrhea.

rash.

sensitivity to the sun.

hives.

temporary discoloring of adult teeth (goes away with dentist cleaning      after the drug is stopped)

Nothing in there about blindness.  And, on the other hand, it just might save your life!

My dad fought in WWII and he said in those days the only antibiotic they had was penicillin, and it was so rare and expensive that it could only be given to hospital patients, so their urine could be collected and the unused drug extracted to be used again.  Aren't you happy you're living NOW?