Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Is it weird sending a Christmas Card to someone who injured me?

I was in a terrible car accident when this woman pulled out recklessly and smashed in to my car. I suffered both physical and emotional injuries. She was very rude trying to blame me for her own recklessness. She lied to everyone including to the insurers. She might've gotten away with it if I hadn't had a dash-cam that recorded the whole thing.

Regardless, I am still thinking about sending her a Christmas card because she sorta saved my life. By causing the accident, I began seeing a doctor found that I was suffering Hypertension with critical levels which would've killed me. I had no idea since I hadn't seen a doctor in years. So she saved my life in a roundabout way....

So should I send her a card or is it too weird? She might still be mad that she lost the case and had to pay out a huge sum.

• reme_1

I wouldn't want to get her riled up in any way.

Yes it is weird to send a Christmas card to someone who was involved in a accident where you were injured.

Not really, no.

No. She sucks and does not deserve anything from you

yeah, that would be stupid.  A random event given what else she didn't isn't worthy of a thanks.

Skip the card. Put the money you'd spend on it in a salvation army kettle or other charity. It will do more good there.