Shimoda asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

Can Japanese become a NFL player someday?

and how can he get the dream?

tell me your opinion

Favorite Answer

I suppose, but it doesn't seem like many Japanese people are interested.  Hell, the only one to put in the effort was Noriaki.  I would imagine most Japanese people would be more interested in becoming baseball players, as far as US sports go.

There is a harvester on the countryside who could probably start as a Blocking Back.

• It would probably help if you played Rugby growing up and then started playing American Football at The College and University Level.

i'd like to see a top ranked sumo try out for guard. 

• David

There already have been a dozen Japanese born players in the NFL.

Very unlikely to happen.

It's possible. Noriaki Kinoshita was signed by the Falcons one preseason as a WR/kick returner. 

There's a Korean kicker on the Chargers.

Why not? If Garo Yepremian can become not only an NFL player but one who revolutionized the game, anyone can. 

Haruka Nakamuri

Only one I could find.  2008-1012.  Played for the Ravens, then in his last year started 13 games for the Panthers.  He's American of Japanese descent.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/N...