Why do all the good job opportunities seem to only be afforded to Bus Admin Accounting or Finance concentrations?

It seems like every other concentration (Marketing, Management, HR, Entrepreneurship, Operations, General, etc.) has bleak job opportunities and that those graduates do not do nearly as well as their Accounting/Finance counterparts. This is very concerning for obvious reasons as the last thing a college student wants to hear is that they will experience little opportunity after graduation.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • B
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

people in the accounting /finance area may have certifications like Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Risk Assessment Certification, which differentiates them from a person with Ops, Entrepreneurship, etc. So, you may actually not be getting the full comparison. A certification will get you a long long way in being more than competitive for the higher paying positions.

• 3 weeks ago

Because we provide value because we understand "the bottom line."

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

A college student might experience little to no opportunities if he, or she has difficulty, or can't sell himself, or herself.

I have a college education. I don't expect to get a job because I have a college education. If I want a job then I am going to have to sell myself.

Maybe a college graduate might think he, or she is entitled to have a job after graduating from college, but that's a misconception. A student who just graduated from college should be doing whatever it takes to find work.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Those are just a few of the many worthless degrees being handed out by colleges now days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Uh, you do know that entrepreneurship means working for yourself, don't you?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't necessarily think you have a clue what you are talking about.

• 3 weeks ago

Supply and Demand.

• 3 weeks ago

not trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 3 weeks ago

Marketing, as a rule, isnt the best degree...

Accounting and finance have excellent job prospects down the road, you arent going to get a "hit the lottery" type job working in HR...unlike an Investment Bank or Hedge Fund.  That said, most people cannot get those jobs anyway, so picking something reasonable is a smart move.  

If you are at a top school, shoot for the moon.  If an average state school, just get a solid education and then find a job after graduation. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.