The best buy salesman overrode the price of my laptop to a lower price, do all best buy salesman do this?

There was a laptop on the shelf that said "was $999.99" but now $799.99, you saved $300"So the best buy salesman said 'you know what I'm gonna bring it down to $699.99" and so he brought it down for me. He personally messaged someone on the computer and overrode the price $100 cheaper.

Not sure if the deal is good or not?

Update:

The laptop is brand new, not open box or display. It is sealed in the box brand new 

Update 2:

Dell g3 15 3590 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Well friend the actual value of the laptop that you were so old was about $450 to start with. The Best buy people Jack the price up $500 to get you to look at the laptop and then the lower the price and to make you think you're getting a wonderful deal and to sell you the extended warranty etcetera etc. Check the speed on that processor inside that laptop see what you actually got friend. You can get a Dell m4600. Where the 2.75 processor for $300 on eBay. Look at the speed of yours and see what you got for twice the money. They pull this trick all the time and yes it's quite legal it's part of the strategy to sell their laptops.

• 2 weeks ago

lol. You got played. (in easy math) $1,000 - $800 = $200, so he brought it down to the actual advertised price. idk if you got a good deal. Did you shop around? Online? for comparisons.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

A $999.99 computer which is $300 off costs $699.99.   He didn't give you a discount.  He simply corrected the math any fifth grader could do. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Good luck trying to return something  you bought at Best Buy.😉

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Do the math. The sign said you saved $300. The difference between 999 and 799 is only 200. He just brought it down to match the sign.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

$300 off 999 should be 699.

You probably could have gotten a black friday deal for a few hundred less.

I am pretty sure best buy clerks cannot unilaterally lower prices on their own.

• Dave
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

No clue if it's a good deal since you failed to provide the model number of the laptop in question. Cool story, bro.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.