Does soy protein isolate cause memory loss/ brain fog?

I feel like my brain has been foggy lately and not as sharp. I have heard that soy can cause memory loss. I have this vegetable lasagna made with veggie crumbles (Im vegetarian), but they have soy protein isolate in them. I dont want to do more harm than good, with eating soy protein isolate cause cognitive and memory issues?

All I know is, soy is supposed to be "good for you", whatever that means! It's been around since the beginning of time.

No.  There are more malnourished meat eaters than there are vegans 

• Louis

Probably not. TSP and TVP are both so new that no good studies have been performed. They may or may be as good a source of protein as soy or vegetables. 

Making TSP resembles a manufacturing process more than a cooking process. I'm sure it is safe to eat once in a while but I would try and stick to the real thing most of the time. 

• ckngbbbls
      3 weeks agoReport

TVP has been round since the 60s, roughly 60 some years. It was in lots of foods in the late 60's It was used as a meat extender back in the early 70's in school lunch programs.

This is what happens when you cut out animal products :/ your brain is 60% saturated animal fat. It needs to have the real animal foods to maintain normal function. Brain fog is early sign of malnourishment. But if you keep starving the brain of essential nutrients, it will only get worse. Time to switch up your meals

There is some evidence which is gathering that suggests soy protein isolate does cause memory loss and brain fog. However after analyzing why it's found out that there is residues in the soy protein isolate of aluminum and hexane! it seems that the people that are preparing things like tofu and other soy isolates are doing it in an unhealthy manner. Which is causing people to eat aluminum a known metal which causes mental and nervous problems. Simply using underarm deodorant with aluminum chlorohydrate in it can do the exact same thing

• Wendigo
      3 weeks agoReport

There is evidence with the hexane specifically of it causing memory loss, is there whether some like it or not. As for the aluminium causing mental or memory lossage, that's something I don't know anything about. For that I can't give you a thumbs up, but I won't thumb down your answer either.

• Mark

It could, but it wouldn't be permanent.  Why use "protein crumbles" at all in this dish, anyway?  I know a good vegetarian lasagna in which you don't even have to pre-cook the noodles.