Read Details also but my question is are there conversion guitar necks to change a guitar from long to short scale?

I have a jaguar style guitar with a bolt on maple neck. The scale is 25.5 inches which is a bit difficult for me to play since i am used to Gibson and Hamer. Can you just buy a short scale guitar neck and just replace the one on the guitar or is there more than meets the eye? Thanks to all who answer in advance.

• Tony B

Short answer: no.

If you managed to find a neck that would physically fit you'd find that the guitar would play increasingly out of tune as you went up the neck. Even chords played at the nut position would probably be noticeably “out”.

That's because the bridge would now be in the wrong position for the new shorter-scale neck.

I'm surprised you notice the difference in the scale lengths. The difference is only 3/4” spread out amongst all the frets. I played started off with a Les Paul copy, then played Fender guitars for a couple of decades and then added an Epiphone Les Paul to my collection. The guitars feel different but I don't notice any difference at all in scale length. Off course, the guitar with the longer scale needs lighter strings to make string tension similar.

I think it's a case of get used to it or get rid of it.

• Henry

I use FLstudio and free software that does the same thing. I wouldn't know.