Why is it so hard for Atheists to realize that while Atheistic Living may be Pragmatic, Atheism is Logically unjustifiable?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Best Answer

cause they believe in atheism

• Mike2 weeks agoReport

That's like saying that they believe that they dont believe. Christians are so stupid.

• 2 weeks ago

On what do you base that assertion?

• 2 weeks ago

No.  It is way more logically unjustifiable to blindly believe in ANYTHING without proof and evidence.  Doing so means either you are extremely gullible, or you lack critical thinking skills to determine what is real and what is not.  What makes more sense:  The universe and everything in it came about by natural causes, or, some magical anthropomorphic immortal deity spoke everything into existence with an incantation spell?  The answer is plainly clear....

• 2 weeks ago

Why is it so hard for me to realize it?  Most illogical.   I mean really, your problem isn’t with atheists.  

The problem lies with your own religions dogma corporately ingrained in you since childhood that creates fear of others.  

Please come back to us (humanity).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

But Jesus flying without a jet pack from Halo 5 to the heavens (aka cosmos) makes sense? You are fake news.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

The thing is, both atheists and religious people are often unable to discuss religion vs atheism in an objective or constructive way, because many atheists and religious people alike have a strong emotional attachment to their belief.

The way I see it is this. Religion, as long as it is not in a fundamentalist form that seeks to control people, and is based around the idea of freedom of choice and personal liberty, is an extremely useful thing for a society. Christian values, together with the ideals of Ancient Greece, were the very foundation of western society - and by Christian values I don't mean restrictive moral codes, I mean the theological concept of the value of the individual, and the idea that every single person is made in the image of God.

The trouble is, as much as some people may not like religion, when religion goes out the window as a form of social glue, worse things are ripe to pop up to take its place. Remember, nature abhors a vacuum. Then you get other belief systems that are far more totalitarian, intolerant and judgmental come in to take its place as a purveyor of moralism: just look at the modern SJW far left for a pertinent example.

In case anyone misunderstands me: I'm not saying everyone in society should be religious. It should be up to the individual. But we should be aware of history, and know what happens when a set of values that holds a society together is discarded.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

But a talking snake somehow is logical? 

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Because they don't agree with your lame assessment.

• 2 weeks ago

By that logic, disbelief in leprechauns is equally unjustifiable.

• Spectreskeptic
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

Evidence is what makes belief justifiable. Belief w/o evidence is called faith, which by definition is unjustifiable. Gods and leprechauns fall into this category. Show us your intelligence by presenting your evidence. We're waiting.

• 2 weeks ago

If you have testable evidence to support the claims for the existence of any of the many thousands of gods then atheism would be logically unjustifiable. The problem is that as you have no such evidence at all, atheism is the logical, reasonable and fully justified position.

If you have the required evidence then let's hear it. Immediately there will be no atheists but no-one has managed to do it yet.

• Spectreskeptic
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

olam, please address your lack of evidence for O'Malley, the leprechaun god. Perhaps you lack the intelligence to justify your non-belief...your atheism.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.