Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 weeks ago

Why did I just get a "are you sure you want to deactivate your kik account?" email?

I havent used the kik app in over 4 years and I have a new phone that Ive never downloaded it on. However this morning I got an email in my spam folder, it looks like its legitimately from kik's website, saying "Are you sure you want to deactivate your kik account?" and it has my old username for it that Ive long since forgotten about. I dont even remember my password but now Im worried that this means someone has hacked my old kik account and see my old conversations with people?

Is that possible? What does this mean?

It is a phishing scam email.  Just ignore it and delete it.

I don't know what Kik's policies are, but perhaps after so many years of disuse, it automatically tries to remove your account? I would just say "yes" to the question. If your account is being deleted, then that means no one can use it, not you, and not any hackers.