Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 months ago

Why won't Nintendo release their old games on the pc?

I don't want to buy some stupid console that will break down in a few years. 

Favorite Answer

Someday, we may find out that Hell exists. Someday, it may even freeze over. Then and ONLY then, will Nintendo release it's back catalog of older games on PC.

Until that day comes, Emulators are the ONLY way to play older Nintendo games on a PC.

If you enjoy these types of games, I suggest getting started with emulation soon. Nintendo is currently on the warpath, actively shutting down rom websites left and right.

As long as they are making money selling 3 games per month on Switch they won't be doing anything that requires efforts.

You can Check at this site.

That is why a gaming PC is invaluable. Not only can you play modern games, but you can emulate older games...

they sadly do not want to release their games on pcs because they will lose their money for sure 

Because Nintendo wants to keep a firm grip on your proverbial testicles, and maintain ABSOLUTE dominance of the gaming market, and their published first-party games. Listening to fan demand makes them appear weak and submissive. This is why they have shark lawyers, hand out "cease & desists" left and right, and are waging war on rom websites and Youtube game-music-channels.

That being said, I still have ALL my Nintendo consoles (starting with SNES). They all function correctly... meaning they DON'T break easily, unless you're an asshat who doesn't take care of his/her stuff.

Remember. Emulators are a retro-gamer's best friend, and any PC is naked without them.

• John

dude my n64 is as old as i am and still works fine. but nintendo doesn't have a pc presence, they make their own consoles so their not going to release anything on a rival. but if you just want old games, they're super easy to pirate. even an old computer can emulate nes, snes, gameboy, gbc, and gba easily

I've never had a Nintendo system break down on me. 

And the reason is they want you to buy their hardware. 

Because they want you to buy that console, and the next, and the next, and the next.