My ex broke up with me because I told him I had a sexual history with his best friend. Did I deserve to be dumped or was he right to dump me?

I did not have sex with his friend, but we did other things and this was a year before I started dating my ex 

• Foofa

If he has a hangup about this he did the right thing for his own mental health and you need to respect that. Better he ends it now than using this knowledge as a cudgel every time you argue for the rest of the relationship. But whether this makes him a creep comes down to motive. If he just can't deal with you having a past at all clearly he's a misogynist. On the other hand if he's protecting the feelings of the best friend you slept with you can't really fault him for that. He probably knows things about that guy that you do not.

• rick

The past has passed. It's history. It's not current, or you, in the "here and now". Dumping you for this, is about as viable as dumping you because you messed your diapers at age one.

What do you consider having sex? 

• Dave

The same answer as the last 7 times you have posted this exact question.

Reported for SPAM.

• Linda

I would have told him you saw his bestie bf seeing him and you were involved instead of letting him find out after the fact but for him to end it over that is pretty childish.

The only reason someone needs to end a relationship is not wanting to be in it anymore, so yes he has a "right" to be done with you

• Mikey

If he no longer wanted to date you, then he has the right to end the relationship.