Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 months ago

When did it become an offense to lie to a recruiter?

I interestingly read the life of Frank Buckles, last American World War I survivor who died not long ago. He lied to his recruiters to join at age 16. Was it already an offense? Excuse my words if are incorrect, I don't handle military terms. Thanks. 

@Ninefinger, not only you ain't getting BA for sure, you show how rude some military are

That was what I was expecting, an insult to report you :)

@Anon you have also been reported

Favorite Answer

I think it always was an offense, but he was not caught 

• 6 days ago

Ninefingers never served i had to explain what an IED was

Not an offense in the legal sense. But it is a reason to get kicked out. It’s called fraudulent enlistment and is still a term used to kick people out who lie during the processing of the military.

Everybody joining the military lies.  That's just something they say to use against you and get you pissed off when you're in there.  They probably want a menacing force, not a friendly, flowery one.  Ever notice how government employees seem to be the unhappiest, most abusive people on the planet?  

It is not.  Fraudulent enlistment is a crime and has been since the advent of the UCMJ.  However, if a recruiter asks your name and you lie but do not then fraudulently enlist, you have committed no crime.

Well they might be able to remove you from the army for that I can't prosecute you the person was 16 when they made the statement.

• martin

Whether military or not, lying to get something official, such as getting to join the service, is fraud, and illegal. Nevertheless, it was done by thousands of teenagers wanting to join the Army in World War 2, because so many people couldn't find jobs during the continuing Great Depression.

fraud has always been an offense

I agree with Nine. If you don't know why. You're not smart enough to comprehend the reason.

• Lv 7

This is troll..............

What you didn’t know is that Jabba The Hut is 💩