Are my parents charging me to much rent?

Alright, so I m 20 & my fiance and I are living with my Mom and my step-dad. They are charging us $400 a month for rent. We sleep in a freezing basement, not finished & bug infested, I pay for my own food, I pay my phone bill, I have my own transportation. But their bills are the same amount as my rent when they have 3 kids and them 2 opposed to just my fiance and i. Just wanna know if this seems right or not, i feel ive been being jipped when i could just rent my own house in this city for rent of $400.

too*...   no, they can charge what they want.

• zipper

If you don't like it move out, you will fine rent cost a lot more, then there is the heat bill, electric bill, phone bill and all the shocking surprise bills that pop up from time to time.  Besides you have her to keep you warm: your getting off cheap bud, real cheap!

Well you can pay $400 and stay there or move out.  They maybe charging you so much because they want you to move out.  Its their house, there is no fair they can charge you $4000 if they want.  Life ain't fair, sooner you get a grip on that the sooner you will succeed. 

It's always someone who's with someone.

Even if it's too much morally... it's a take-it-or-leave-it scenario.

I'm about to be charged $300 for a simple bedroom... although it does have a bathroom and will have a mini fridge. 

Funny 'cause I was in a studio apartment (although in a bad area) that was only $310 a month.

Yea you would find bullet caps nearby and bongs in the bushes... but $310 for independance... and it was all old folks until right before I left and was forced back to live with my mom who has treated me like feces since forever.

You should definitely move out. What is their number? I would love to pay $400 a month. 

• e9601:

You have to be a troll. No one would live in a freezing bug infested place. And pay for it.

Yes. Take them to small claims court. 

• He should just move out. He's being a sap for even living with them.

Move out........

i think they are and maybe you should move out