Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 months ago

my friends call me rich. what should I do?

It’s getting annoying.. they think i’m rich because i own a bracelet and a good phone and they think my house is nice. i’m not rich, but i’m not poor either. I’d say i’m middle class. It’s annoying because they’re saying this everyday. 

simply say thank you.

• Layne

Hey!!  Please do make you being rich be you.  You are more than that.  Don't try to impress others, because you don't need that. Remember you are special.

• Foofa

Sadly for you the rich, or even just those perceived as so, are the new lepers of our society.

Are you polite, generous, neat and clean? Lots of low class people ignorantly assume that if you're any of those things you must be rich. They don't realise that millionaires dont even tip in a restaurant. They don't realise that it doesn't cost much to clean your house and yourself, it doesn't cost anything to tidy up, be polite and act refined.

• Ravi

Say thanks and wish them luck.

theyre probably just jealous

they might be jealous of you

• Pam

They sound REALLY ENVIOUS maybe even jealous. They wish they had what you have. Stop defending your good fortune that you have parents who make a good wage to give you the finer things in life. Simply deny that you're "rich" but that your parents work hard to give you nice things. Say it unapologetically then DROP the subject. You don't owe them an explanation nor should you have to justify or apologize for your way of life. If the taunting continues, find new "friends".

• Tantra

Rich is a comparable. Believe me when you meet someone who has a private boat that is worth 30 million you find you are Indian low class poor

I suggest you leave them and find better friends who won't keep saying that crap. They sound toxic and probably want things from you. Tell them to F off and move on.