If you buy the trailer in a trailer park, can you add onto the trailer or put up fences or carports?

Im looking to buy a single wide in a year or two with a lot big enough to accommodate a carport and a fence... Can you add the additions yourself or do you u have to hire a contractor?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Depends on each park... the details will depend on the unique policies per park... what you can and can't customize, how much of it you can and how it has to be gone about.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Ask the park.  When I lived in a trailer park when I was young, they had lots of rules.  All trailers had to have skirts; you can have only one shed, etc.

• 2 weeks ago

Depends on city codes and the trailer park rules.

• 2 weeks ago

If you rent the land, no.  If you own the land then check with the HOA.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Not usually. The mobile home parks are generally have a lot of rules about what you can do on the lot. That is if you are paying rent there for the lot. Owning the mobile home it self give you no ownership rights over the land it sit on unless you own the land.

• 2 weeks ago

The trailer park management would have to decide if this is allowed or not.  Bear in mind, however, that you are renting your space so if you put something up the park owner could then simply ask you to leave but keep whatever improvements you made so you essentially just gave them those improvements. This is why you dont see this happen very much.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Depends on the trailer park's rules.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Depends on the parks rules.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

How on earth would we know what any particular trailer park landlord would allow or not allow?

I would assume most landlords would not allow a tenant to build permanent structures on the property.  The county would have something to say about that too.  A removable canopy type carport might be an option.

• 2 weeks ago

i would ask whoever you bought the trailor from

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.