Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 weeks ago

Should I bring chicken before I marinate it?

Making my own nandos style chicken tonight. I was thinking to brine it first for maybe 5 hours and then marinade for a few hours. I've heard brining makes it juicier but then read that marinating does a similar thing. Should I bother brining or will I achieve similar results by just marinading it all day?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

If the label says anything about something added to enhance flavor, it's been brined.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

No need to ever brine and marinate the same chicken.(or anything else for that matter).Choose one and stick with that.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

If its like 'fried' chicken, soaking it in buttermilk for maybe 1/2 an hour to an hour before breading, then helps the flour/breading stick and make the chicken tender when cooked.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

JUST MARINADE TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

brining is simply soaking in salted water. will your marinade also include salt?

If you both brine and marinade, you run the risk of having that chicken so over salted as to be inedible.

AND FYI what really keeps chicken meat moist is not cooking the living daylights out of it.

• 2 weeks ago

Do one or the other, not both, unless you have a recipe that specifically directs you to do both.

• 2 weeks ago

No need to do both, as each tenderizes and helps provide flavor, though marinade is much better for incorporating flavor. 

• 2 weeks ago

Googled a bit, seems like it might be good to do both- brining adds moisture/seasoning where as marinating tenderizes, could be a good combo.  Just, whenever you try a new recipe or something like that be prepared for it to suck and have enough money to order pizza or run to the store for a pre-cooked chicken or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.