D.W.L asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Why am i not losing weight?

Update:

im 5'5 , currently sit at 17 stone i used to be 11stone and size 12 uk. 

for 5 years ive tried everything under sun and havent lost a pound. currently i go weight training 3-4 times a week at the gym , i cycle 5 times a week 8 miles a day.i eat 1400 cals a day.ive cut out alot of sugar and carbs but nothing. 

i havent moved a inch on the scale. i thought it was muscle mass but not as my cloths arent getting any bigger. 

Any suggestions? Doctors wont help they just say more gym? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Are you sure you are only eating 1400 calories? How are you tracking? I see a lot of people think they are eating much less then they actually are. 

• 3 weeks ago

Because you're probably not using, or sticking to, a proven eating lifestyle which causes weight loss.

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You're under-eating. See the source calculator (link below) to give you an idea of what your daily calorie needs are. Not knowing your age, I just put in 18 (adult), 238 lbs (converted stone to lbs at 1 st = 14 lbs), and selected exercise level of 5x a week. The calculator indicates that for fat loss you should be consuming 2179 calories per day, and for extreme fat loss 1904. By eating much less than your body needs, it can slow your metabolism (a safety feature your body uses, to conserve energy when it's not being fed enough). 

As your weight changes, your calorie needs change also. So up your calorie intake, but keep your diet as "clean" as possible (cut out as much processed food as possible, and cut out added salt and sugar as well). An occasional "treat" is okay, but your diet 80-90% of the time should be whole foods prepared in a clean manner (avoid condiments and prepared foods full of sodium, artificial ingredients, preservatives, chemicals, etc). 

Your exercise level sounds great BUT if you've been doing pretty much the same workout routine for months now, change it up. If you aren't challenging your body, it won't change. Lift heavier, bike farther or with more intensity. When your workouts start getting 'easy' or feeling routine, make changes. Once your body adapts to an activity, you've got to make that activity more difficult/challenging or your body won't continue to change (drop pounds or add muscle or add strength or whatever your goal is). 

• 3 weeks ago

You’re taking in more calories than you’re using. Aerobic exercise daily can help you burn more calories, watching your carb intake and meal times and portion sizes can help substantially.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Maybe you're eating the wrong food, or not working out properly.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

So let me get this straight... You weight 17 stone are 5'5 and can't lose weight, despite working out 8-9 times a week, and only eating 1 400 calories a day for five years now?

Either your scale is broken and stuck at 17 stone, or you are leaving things out.

• D.W.L3 weeks agoReport

sadly not, ive had a Pt look at my excersizing its all good, i have over review my food and its all good. thats why i cant work out why its not working, Doctors just keep saying try harder. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.