Why does the antivirus on my laptop keep aborting connections to websites?

The antivirus on my laptop (AVG AntiVirus Free) keeps aborting connections to websites on my laptop. It says that each website it aborts connections to contains trojans - that includes websites like Google, Twitter, Wikipedia and Facebook.

It only started doing this today. It's never done this before.

Why would it do this? Why does AVG AntiVirus keep aborting connections to websites?

Favorite Answer

What version of Windows are you using? Windows 10 has its own anti-virus build into it and does not need a second program like AVAST. In fact, they will fight each other and give you all kinds of false readings. The AVAST is seeing Window's scanning of the web site as a "virus".

Either disable Windows Defenders or uninstall AVAST.

3 weeks agoReport

Windows Defender automatically disables when you install a 3rd party AV. It was designed not to conflict. 

• Bill-M

If your operating system is Windows 10, then uninstall AVG. You don't need it.

Windows 10 has it's own Anti Virus program called "Windows Security"

• David

Initially run a full AVG scan on the system and then update your post if no better