Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 weeks ago

Is my meal good for weight loss ?

Lean chicken breast fillet

Whole meal pitta bread

Mixed vegetables 

Have I got too much food on my plate? 

I’ve been on a diet for 4 days now and I’ve just started doing 30 minutes of exercise a day as well as reducing my calorie intake 

I’m slowly building up to 90 minutes exercise a day 6 days a week 

• .

Chicken, veggies, and a whole grain pita is fine. No, there is not too much food on your plate (however, I'd double the helping of veggies and half the size of the pita). 

.

Understand that you should not "go on a diet". That implies at some point you'll go OFF the "diet". If you want to lose fat AND keep it off, you must make a healthy lifestyle change and stick to it. 80 - 90% of your eating should consist of: lean protein, fresh fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats, and lots of water. 

.

You can use the calculator here https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to help you get an idea of how many calories you should consume a day, based on your age, sex, height/weight, and activity level. As your weight or activity changes (up or down) your calorie needs will change too. Remember, what you eat is 80% of your weight program (loss or maintenance). Exercise only contributes a small effect to your weight BUT it's still very healthy for you overall, and should be part of your healthy lifestyle.

avoid the grains.  Eat salad stuff instead -- lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, cucumbers and the like.  If you want to eat only steamed vegetables with this dish, then double the amount you show on this plate.  

• Eva

Skip the pita and add more vegetables.

• Mark

The description is fine, but the picture makes it look REALLY dry?  "Pitta"?  "Fillet"?  Are you from the UK?  Do you call hot a hot pepper a "chilli"?  Do you park in a "GARE edge"?  Do drunk and disorderly people spend a night in "gaol"?

• cmac'm

Nice meal. Needs more vegetables, try for at least a half cup of broccoli or mixed vegetables. How do you cook your chicken? Boiled or baked? You could get by with only 4oz of chicken(or protein) per meal- but that's up to you.

Edit: I thought the pita bread was a full breast of chicken- looks like you have about 4oz of protein

Yeah, its decent but it could be better.