Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 weeks ago

Is my meal good for weight loss ?

Lean chicken breast fillet

Whole meal pitta bread

Mixed vegetables 

Have I got too much food on my plate? 

I’ve been on a diet for 4 days now and I’ve just started doing 30 minutes of exercise a day as well as reducing my calorie intake 

I’m slowly building up to 90 minutes exercise a day 6 days a week 

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Chicken, veggies, and a whole grain pita is fine. No, there is not too much food on your plate (however, I'd double the helping of veggies and half the size of the pita). 

Understand that you should not "go on a diet". That implies at some point you'll go OFF the "diet". If you want to lose fat AND keep it off, you must make a healthy lifestyle change and stick to it. 80 - 90% of your eating should consist of: lean protein, fresh fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats, and lots of water. 

You can use the calculator here https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to help you get an idea of how many calories you should consume a day, based on your age, sex, height/weight, and activity level. As your weight or activity changes (up or down) your calorie needs will change too. Remember, what you eat is 80% of your weight program (loss or maintenance). Exercise only contributes a small effect to your weight BUT it's still very healthy for you overall, and should be part of your healthy lifestyle.

• 2 weeks ago

avoid the grains.  Eat salad stuff instead -- lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, cucumbers and the like.  If you want to eat only steamed vegetables with this dish, then double the amount you show on this plate.  

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Skip the pita and add more vegetables.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

The description is fine, but the picture makes it look REALLY dry?  "Pitta"?  "Fillet"?  Are you from the UK?  Do you call hot a hot pepper a "chilli"?  Do you park in a "GARE edge"?  Do drunk and disorderly people spend a night in "gaol"?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • cmac'm
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Nice meal. Needs more vegetables, try for at least a half cup of broccoli or mixed vegetables. How do you cook your chicken? Boiled or baked? You could get by with only 4oz of chicken(or protein) per meal- but that's up to you.

Edit: I thought the pita bread was a full breast of chicken- looks like you have about 4oz of protein

• 2 weeks ago

Yeah, its decent but it could be better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.