Sam asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

How should I keep/build muscle while trying to get abs?

I'm currently on a 200-400 calorie deficit in my journey to get abs. I am seeing results, but I am aware that this could take a while longer and my overall muscle gains can/have reduce[d] significantly. I try to work out often and eat as much protein as possible, but how should I continue on so that I don't go complete skeleton by the time my abs develope?

You want to be in a small deficit, lift weights and eat enough protein which is exactly what you are doing so just keep doing it. Your goal right now isn't to gain muscle. Its to maintain muscle while you lose fat. Your lifts are going to stall out but keep lifting even if you are lifting the same amount each workout. 

• .

Keep working those muscles, and make sure you are consuming enough to fuel your workouts. A healthy, clean diet needn't be super low cal (because you don't want your body using your muscles for energy).

• Logan

No need to go below 1800 calories.  Going below that is just stupid.