What does 'hope' mean in this context?

Hey Tom, how are you? Hope you've been enjoying this year :) Is this something you would say to a friend/someone you care about? Someone from my university said this to me.

Best Answer

This is just the stupid way women try to get your attention because they want you to lead the interaction. Women will never put themselves in a position of rejection so they frame it so you are the one to ask them out, they will usually just write you some random pointless comment like "hope you are well" just to get you to respond and ask them out. Lucky that women are also easy to read, just repond with 'I'm great, when are you free to get together" then make a 100% time and day. If there is any resistence then she is just an attention seeker and you need to rid these women from your life asap

Sounds perfectly fine!  Very normal! 

Ask GOD about this. 

Absolutely without a doubt.

Its a VERY off the cuff comment

think about it, you get served in a shop, assistant says "hope you have a nice day"

and thats a stranger

dont over think this, there is NOTHING TO over think