Bob asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 weeks ago

What was it like being in or around the twin towers on 9/11?

It was stressful for me that day, I was in the ESB and was terrified it was a target, 18 years later I still wonder why it wasn't, anyways how was the unpleasant experience for you?

Favorite Answer

I was in 7th grade, detention. I heard the intercom come on and the principal said everyone get under your desks and remain quiet and all teachers report to the cafeteria. The teacher came back in a few minutes later and flipped on the TV to CNN and we watched the towers fall. I remember that evening, my whole neighborhood put a lit candle outside their front door to remember the people who died.

Jolly good.   

Well, I only saw it on TV and that was scary enough. Glad you're alive to tell your story. 

I've never been there on 9/11 or any other day but while I would imagine I would be sad thinking of all the lost lives, I wouldn't be terrified.