Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 weeks ago

Why do I feel like everyone prefers my friend over me?

So basically, i’m in highschool and i have this friend i’ve known since the beginning of middle school. We’re so close and I tell her most of my problems and all that. But the thing is, I feel like everyone prefers her over me. She’s never been rejected (she doesn’t chase guys though) and can get literally anybody she wants. So many people (males and females) have tried getting with her and she’s rejected them all except 1. Me on the other hand, have been rejected a few times here and there and i’ve never really been “chased by the boys” or anything. She’s so pretty and everyone loves her. 

Recently her and the only guy she’s been with broke up.(Of course, she was the one to break up with him) There’s this guy I always thought was cute and at some point had feelings for (not anymore) and she was close to him today while us and a few friends were hanging out and I feel like he’s going to end up liking her, when he didn’t like me. I don’t like him anymore but it still frustrates me that she can get anyone so quick. I love her and she’s such a good friend but I can’t help but feel like everyone prefers her over me, the guy i mentioned was just one of the many times something like this has happened. I don’t want to lose her as a friend but I can’t help but feel insecure around her since she’s liked by everyone and I can’t really relate. 

• Foofa

Sounds like you feel that way because it's true. Some people just have more natural charisma than others. But unless you're running for Student Body President popularity isn't all that important. It's a lot more essential to have a few good friends you can really count on.

• Linda

You are jealous of your friend bc of all the attention she gets compared to you. Try to remember that even though she gets a lot of attention, someone will come along who will have eyes only for you and think you are prettier. I am also sure not all guys are after her even though it seems that way.

You feel like that because you are insecure and always comparing. Stop immediately and look at her as someone who can boost your life. She attracts guys around her so look at the positive that you will be able to interact with more guys. The only reason why you are getting less attention is the vibe you are giving off and most likely too busy focussed on the wrong types of guys. You could be just a typical woman that is busy ignoring the really nice guys who when you really get to know them can be awesome fun after they get over the shy stage and much much better to be with that the guy who are immediately confident attractive.

As you have stated, she is such a good friend with you. She is also a good friend with others. She his not one rejected. 

How about if you prayed to GOD and asked GOD if HE would help you to be come better?