Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 8 months ago

Do you think the casting couch stuff will end with Weinstein?

No I don't think.

No. Not a chance. It's just the way of the world. 

• Athena

LOL.

The fact that it went on so long WITH Weinstein should tell you how pervasive it is. Everyone knew and NOBODY did anything about it.

As long as there are women (and men) willing to lie down on the casting couch in exchange for an acting job there is no reason why it should ever end.

There is absolutely no point in trying to legislate on sexual relations between consenting adults. If you don't consent, don't go to the man's hotel room at midnight.

You must be joking.

• John

Not that I've personally lived the dream. But "casting couch" is just sleeping your way to the top. Weinstein was a serial rapist, which is different.

NOPE! It won't even slow down. Some a hole will think it will be fun to see if he can get away with it even if he's under the spotlight. Good luck with that dummy who tries it. Can you say jail time? I do think anyone who does do that, it will be so commonplace to lock those pedo'/rapists up but I think sickness never ends, it only gets slowdown.

• shroud

it will never end, lessen yes, but as long as someone is willing to do anything to get that big break into acting it will always be there

and remember sometimes to get that break they offer to get on the couch

The casting couch is for female pornstars.

• Mandy

It didn’t start with him.  Neither will it end with him.