Fitness asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 11 months ago

I have been working out for a while now and stopped losing weight. What is happening?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

You hit a plateau. Your body adapted to what you were doing. You should change your cardio and strength training routine once a month so that your results continue.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

It sounds like muscles are developing and u have toned your body and probably fit into jeans better too. However, working out when muscle develops = weight gain. Terry changing your diet while continuing to work out. Try the KETO diet menu, or fewer carbs and more veggies and fruits. Don't give up, keep on exercising and see your Dr for an annual check-up for these questions to be answered, also nutritionists and athletic trainers are very helpful too.

Lv 7
    11 months ago

Funny in the question you posted AFTER this one, you claim to have no time to exercise. That question contradicts every other question you've posted thus far.

Exercise isn't the key to fat loss, your diet is. What you eat is 80% of what affects your weight. Add to that, doing the same workout for months on end, will stop producing results because your body adapts. Once that workout no longer challenges your body, you'll stop seeing the calorie burn from it or the muscle building or whatever other result you were getting. If you want to change your body, you have to challenge it. You should change up your workouts every 3 - 4 weeks, to keep your body from settling into a routine and becoming so efficient at a particular workout or program, that you stop seeing benefits. Add more intensity or more weight or more time or more distance, at the very least.

• 11 months ago

Weight loss is only 20% about exercise - 80% about what we are eating.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

First of all, weight loss is 80% diet, not exercise.  As your body gets lighters, the number of calories need to still be in a calorie deficit also decrease.  It is important to recalculate your BMR or set you calories at the BMR for your goal weight.  What you eat and when you eat are also important.  If you graze throughout the day and eat mostly carbohydrates, your body simply can't get into fat burning.  There are also times in a weight loss journey where your will stall or plateau.  This could be because you are gaining muscle while losing fat but not seeing a net loss in weight.  

• 11 months ago

You’ll have to step it up, because your body has adapted to the routine. Make it more challenging by increasing reps, weights, and/or cardio.

• 11 months ago

Because you ain't keeping up, gotta stay committed to it!

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Muscle weighs more than fat. 

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

This is normal. The body hits a plateau and stops losing. The way to get it going again is to change your workout. Doing different things works different muscles and the body will start to lose again.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Plateau. I'm in it too for the past 3 months already. Nothing's happening but I still stick to the routine. Even though there's no change in my weight and waist, I feel better still. Maybe the changes are happening inside, where it doesn't show.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.