My dad found my Grindr account! He’s furious?

My dad called me up last night yelling at me for being on such a disgusting website, and that having sex with other men will give me aids and to delete my profile and repent or he’ll cut me out of his life. I’m so angry and upset right now. What do I do, I still do love my parents but I can’t change who I am

• reme_1
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Why was he checking out grindr? How did he even know about it?

Are you an adult? Living on your own? Then he has no control over you.

He needs to learn that you are your own person that being gay is normal for you.

Many parents find that their child is LGBT and react badly at first.

Contact PFLAG.org- a wonderful support group of mostly parents with LGBT kids. They reach out to other parents. They will call your parents.

You need to contact the gay center and talk to the counselor. You need the support of the LGBT community support.

You need to talk to your dad at some time and tell him that your life is yours and his religious brainwashing CAN NOT control you. RELIGION POISONS EVERYTHING. Look at what it has done to your father's thinking.

I wish you the best. Not every parent turns out to be accepting at first. Hopefully your father will get his head on 'straight'. HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

• 1 year ago

Ask him why he was on Grindr in the first place. And how he knows about it

• 1 year ago

I hope you asked your dad what he was doing on Grindr and how he knows so much about it.

1 year ago

Your dad and family does not represent you. You are who you are and the same thing applies to your family. The best thing you can do is do what your dad says and do whatever it takes to move out.

• Kieth
    1 year ago

How about using passwords that cannot be hacked? None of my passwords have anything to do with me or my life.

• 1 year ago

What you are is a gay man. There is no need to be a HO though. Your dad is partially correct. You should have SAFE SEX with someone you love, or at least care about.

• Cogito
    1 year ago

What was your dad doing on the Grindr website?