Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 months ago

What is the best state to live in America 🇺🇸?

I plan to move to America next year, it’s my biggest dream to live there, that’s my favorite country but I still can’t decide which state I should choose. I think it will either be California or Florida, I can’t decide between the two. I like summer and sunny days cause where I come from it sucks cause it always rains almost everyday. San Francisco, Los Angeles and Miami are my top 3 favorite cities, they are so beautiful. You Americans are really lucky to live in such a beautiful country and I’m stuck here in my rainy Holland, it sucks! 

Before picking a place to live in the US, find out whether or not you *qualify* to immigrate to the US. Until you do that, you're just jerking off.

And half of the year in Florida is Face Melting Off Season.

Can’t imagine why anybody from your part of the world would want to move to this country. 

I like living in a state that has four distinct seasons. To each his own.

• DEBS

SF does have beautiful views and has access to some great nature within an hour outside of it. The city itself can be disgusting depending on where you are (even nicer well traveled areas).

LA, as far as I'm concerned, is just a freeway hell hole. It would be one of the last places in the US I'd want to live. If you like Southern California, look further south. San Diego is much better even though it's getting pretty crowded as well.

I don't know much about Miami, but I do know Florida is hot, humid, and flat. People go to Florida to die.

• Foofa

If rain is your nemesis that leaves out pretty much any northwestern or northeastern US city (because guess what, it rains here too). But where to live depends on how you're getting here. If you're being sponsored by a family member for permanent residency you would actually have your pick of all the states. But if you're on a work visa your sponsoring employer will determine where you live. And if you're planning to just overstay your tourist privileges you'll want to limit yourself to the "sanctuary" states where it's slightly less likely you'll be captured and deported.

• Will

Do not move to California. It is prone to natural disasters that will take everything from you and it is the most expensive state to live in. Florida doesn't have earthquakes and wildfires, but instead hurricanes and tropical storms which too can take everything from you. Florida is also where all of the crazy people live. 

"The best state" is really a matter of opinion. As corrupt as Illinois may be, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else because Illinois has each season's appropriate weather patterns, it's located towards the middle of the country and makes flying domestically easier on the wallet as opposed to living in Cali and flying to NYC which could be an additional $300. Illinois has plenty of nature to explore. And best of all, it has Chicago. Putting aside the crime and its decrepit neighborhoods, Chicago offers its own experience just like LA, SF, SD, NYC, Seattle, etc. do. If you live in the northwest suburbs around OHare, you're also close to Rosemont and Schaumburg which are hotspots for things to do. 

Decide what kind of lifestyle you want and then research what places can meet those preferences. If you like taking vacations, don't move to a state where you would want to go on vacations to. 

• Anonymouse2 months agoReport

Don’t care lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣☺️🤣☺️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

If you like sunshine and dry, try Phoenix. I don't know your financial situation, but if money is no object then California is a good choice. 

I currently live in San Francisco and I would recommend California over Florida. Florida is stinking hot and humid and doesn't have as much to offer.

Florida is very flat, like the Netherlands.  It's very hot and humid in the summer, which some people like but I don't.  California is more varied--rich coastal cities, farmland, alpine mountains, lots of forest, beautiful coast, etc.  But in the nicer parts along the coast (LA and SF) it's really expensive.

I guess they both have their advantages and disadvantages.  I can't tell you what you'd like, only what I'd like.  If I were you I'd spend a little time in each before deciding.

The state of hysteria.