My PC is terrible what should I upgrade.?

My FPS is horrendous and I want to play fun game but can’t because of my frames. Also, this is my first PC

graphics card

• falcon

What is your budget? You can get a Dell inspiron tower  at a reasonable price 

if you want a pc you would be wanting a surface pro whereas the hardware is made perfectly for the software, or a Hewlett Packard. A PC that is decent would be for $1799.00 I would be frank and honest. The PC in the $900 dollar range to $400 are a hit and miss, in that case I'd suggest Hewlett Packard. 

throw it out and get a MacBook boomer

You didn't give any specs on your current PC

Without knowing your system specs, it's impossible to properly make any valid recommendations.  If you want help, you'll need to provide the following:

* Operating System (like Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, ect.)

* Graphics Card (like Nvidia GTX 1050, Radeon RX 550, ect.)

* System RAM (in GB)

* Processor (like Intel Core i7-7700HQ, AMD Ryzen 5 2600, ect.)

For a gaming system, you should hit these baselines...

* OS: Windows 10, 64-bit version (some versions of Linux may work)

* Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 or better (or AMD Radeon equivelence)

* Processor: Recent (7th gen or newer) Intel Core i5 or better; AMD Ryzen processor

* System RAM: 8 GB's or more

* Storage: 500 GB (or larger) SSD (for boot drive) + 1 TB (or larger) 7200 RPM HDD (for games & other storage).

Please be aware that upgrade potential will be restricted by your computer's motherboard.  If you're running a laptop, upgrade options will be severely limited.  If things are too low-end, you might be better off buying a new system with the desire specs.

If you only have a traditional HDD, you may want to see about getting an Optium memory module of 32 GB's or more to supplement your system as it'll cache some OS files & commonly access programs / games to help speed things up.

These are only a baseline recommendation for a starting point, if you want more performance, you can opt for higher-end components... assuming you're willing to spend more for said components.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject.

I can't say without seeing the specs.

Otherwise, upgrading the Graphics card should be the first thing on the list if you're trying to increase gaming performance. The only true caveat is making sure the power supply can handle a new Graphics card. 

If you have a weak CPU or an insufficient amount of RAM, these could limit gaming performance by bottlenecking the Graphics card.

• John

I buy a new pc every 3 yrs to try and keep up with new technology.  As software and the net get newer, fatter and slower, a new pc is needed to keep up with them.

Care to provide any details like specifications??

Without knowing your system it's hard to say.  I'd look at upgrading the graphics card, but be aware that probably means you'll have to upgrade the power supply too.