Why do people like the TV show, Rick and Morty? What is it that is interesting and non-derivative about that programme?

I don't know. It's waaaaay over rated. People act like its the best thing to ever happen. When reality its just like any other tv show.

Unlike Big Bang Theory where science and nerd culture are just referenced, but are in no way pivotal or important to the gags or plot, R&M actually tell fairly smart jokes some of the time where physics, sci fi and nerd culture are actually pivotal to the very understanding of the joke.  You won't get the joke if you don't understand the concept.

R&M is one of the few shows of it's kind that makes no attempt to dumb itself down for the audience in that regard.

And then they'll just tell sophomoric d I c k and ball jokes, thereby ruining my point.  It's a very up and down show.  As many are.

It takes a certain level of intelligence to understand the humor. 

By the way, you misspelled "program" 

• User

I don't know.

I saw the great reviews

and tried watching it

on two very different occasions (far separated in time)

and stopped watching it in disgust both times.

There is a thing called remote control, which has buttons on it. With those, you can actually change the thing you are watching. Initially, you might be put off by all sorts of strange phenomena like sound level, mute, channel lists, etc. If you persevere you will master it, and you'll no longer be doomed to watching Rick and Morty.

they say things that other shows are way too scared to say and it makes stupid people angry